Gumlet allows you to protect your video content with encryption using Apple Fairplay DRM (Digital rights management). To enable Fairplay DRM for your organization you need to perform following steps.
- Please go to the Apple FairPlay page.
- Click on the link to Request Deployment Package. You need to have a developer account before this.
- If you are an organization you should use the organization account for this purpose. Companies outside the USA need to obtain a DUNS number in order to create an organization account.
- After proceeding further, you should see a form to request the deployment package.
- After completing the above mentioned step, you should have received an FPS_deployment package file from Apple. Open the zip file. You should find a PDF document titled
- This PDF describes the process of creation of an RSA key-pair and then getting the public key signed by Apple. In the process, it also generates an ASK (Application Service Key). This key is a 32 character alphanumeric string associated with your Fairplay DRM.
- At the end of this step you should have three files:
hardcoded_dask.binfile containing the ASK.
For adding your Fairplay Credentials to Gumlet, you need get hexadecimal string representation of data in the certificate, private key and ASK files. Use following commands to create hex representation for the files.
openssl x509 -inform DER -in certificate.der -outform PEM -out certificate.pem && xxd -p -c 10000 certificate.pem
xxd -p -c 10000 private_key.pem
xxd -p -c 10000 hardcoded_dask.bin
Once you have hexadecimal string representation of data all three files using above mentioned commands, you can copy and paste those details in their specific fields in Gumlet Dashboard here.
Updated about 1 month ago